Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How much is too much money to spend on dinner?

I say, anything over $25 is starting to be an expensive dinner and that includes drinks..

I was watching Phantom Gourmet the other day on TV.. I watch this show to learn about the different restaurants in area.. They had a segment going on "New and Hip" restaurants in Boston and at one point said.. "Drinks for around $10 and Entrees for less than $20, can you beat that deal.. " Now come on, is that cheap? I don't think so.. OK.. OK.. I know I am ranting.. But, seriously, some of my friends feel that spending $30 (without tip) is a normal phenomenon..

I guess, sometimes I don't mind spending money if the food is good.. But, a lot of times, the food is either not too good or not enough to fill me up...

I understand that I live in an expensive city, but, there is still a limit.. Fortunately for me, there are good restaurants in my neighborhood in my price range...

2 comments:

deepa said...

Yeh, I agree...dinner should not cost more than $25. Infact, when Premal and I used to eat out(before Diya) the bill barely reached $30. But, we're of simple taste...we like Thai, Mexican, Pizza...all of which don't cost too much anyways. Plus, I perfer simple places rather than fancy, hi-fi places. Of course, once in awhile its fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.